Ads

Your Ad Here

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pilgrimage.

Last February 25, 2012, some students of our school, including me(YEAH!), had a Pilgrimage the whole day.  Well, if you don't know what Pilgrimage is, it is where you visit and offer prayers or some rituals for some important place/s  within your faith or religion. It's a trip or  journey where you have a good purpose, it's because you want to have a deeper understanding and new insights about your faith. And well, we visited different churches from Manila, Bulacan and Pampanga.


Well, I was very exhausted that day but the good part of it was that it was for good and for God. I sacrificed my whole day offering prayers,reflecting and giving thanks for God and the churches that we had visited. This day was just so cool, I really enjoyed it a lot. I thanked God that he allowed me to join this pilgrimage. :)

Here are some photos from the churches that we had visited.Some photos are kinda blurry because I'm only just using my iPhone and my father didn't allow me to bring his camera. By the way, I just want to share with you how beautiful and unique these churches are. So take a look.




Shrine of Jesus Church
This is the first church that we visited. It was located at Central Business Park (beside SM Mall of Asia), Reclamation Area. 



 
This is the altar of the Shrine of Jesus Church.





San Agustin Church
This church was located inside the historic walled city of Intramuros in Manila. This was my favorite church that we had visited. It's because of its beautiful and amazing design and architecture. I also learned a lot of stuff in the museum of the church.And now, I'm still amazed at this church and I will not forgot what I had seen and learned to this church. I felt like I went back to the Spanish Colonial Era.




This is the altar of the San Agustin Church.



Look at this amazing 3-D paintings at the ceiling of the church.

 


The Pipe Organ of the San Agustin Church





National Shrine of the Divine Mercy
This is a sacred shrine dedicated for the Divine Mercy. It was located in Marilao, Bulacan. It has became one of the famous shrine in the Philippines due to its numerous cases of healings and conversions.That's why this shrine has so many visitors,pilgrims and devotees.






























The altar of the National Shrine of the Divine Mercy Church.




























This was inside the Lourdes' Cave. It was believed that this water could heal some illness.



























These crutches are belonged from the devotees who are healed by the shrine.



Our Lady of Immaculate Conception of Malolos
This was the fourth church that we had visited. It was known as the Malolos Cathedral or the Minor Basilica of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception in English and Basilica Minore dela Nuestra Señora de Inmaculada Concepcion in Spanish. It was located at Malolos City, Bulacan. 



The altar of the Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church.  



  

Barosoain Church
It was located at Malolos City, Bulacan. As you can see from its look, it was one of the most oldest churches here in the Philippines. It earned the title as the Cradle of Democracy in the East and the Site of the First Philippine Republic.It was also the most famous and important church in all Filipinos because of some important events that happened to it. You can see it also from the old Ten Pesos and new Two Hundres Pesos paper money.

Well, I forgot to take shots inside the church because we leave immidiately after discussing the history of the church and praying for it. By the way, the church was also still beautiful and strong despite of its oldness. And for this moment, I believed now that some old buildings and structures are more durable than new ones.



 St. James the Apostle Church
This church was located at Betis, Guagua, Pampanga. The church was very peaceful and calm but it's a very popular church here on Guagua, Pampanga because it's also one of the most oldest church on Pampanga region. I also forgot to take shots inside it because of the same reason from what had happened at the Barosoain Church.






Thanks for reading! 
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment