Ads

Your Ad Here

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Listening to music while Studying?

I chose this topic because there's so many students that I always saw listening to music while studying their lessons. One of my friends and also my sister, can't review well if they don't listen to music. I don't know if they're just bored of studying, but they still got good grades. So a question just popped up in my mind:

Is it good or bad?
Does it improve our mental process?

Well,that's why I became very interested in this topic because I really don't listen to music while studying. Because I found it very irritating and I distracting. So to answer to my questions, I need to try it.(Seriously, I try it although I hate it.)


So while I'm on the jeepney, going to school and studying a lesson for a quiz, I simply grabbed my earphone,plugged it in my phone and listen to some music. Well, I decided to do it on the jeepney because the passengers are very noisy so I can't focused well.So I listen for some acoustic songs for a while. Well, everything was just fine that moment and I can focused on what I'm studying, and I don't know why,but I think it's because I only hear slightly the passengers(just like whispering). But when I change the music for punk rock songs, my life goes miserable again-_-. I can't understand everything that I'm reading and I'm more focused on the music, because my hands were strumming just like I'm holding a guitar(YEAH!) and my foot was stamping(YEAH!),and felt like I became a rockstar that moment(YEAH! WannaBe). So I change it to acoustic song again before everything that I studied will be lost.

By the way the result of the quiz was just okay but some of what I have reviewed was on the far.. far.. far.. far away , deep.. deep.. place on my mind. But I really still prefer to study in a silent place, because I'm more comfortable with it. But if there's a music, I prefer to listen to Classical Music or any soft and relaxing music with no lyrics. Not that I'm saying acoustic songs were not a good song when studying, but there's just something on me that I found lyrics very irritating when studying. But what happens in the jeep was that I can't hear so much of the lyrics because the equalizer of my phone was set on "Vocal Reducer" that's why everything that I've heard was only the guitar or piano.

Well, it's just for me, because I know that every person has it's own comfort zone(am I right with this?^^) or anything that keeps them on the track. Some people likes to study when they are watching television or while listening to music and some wants to study on a silent place.So it's really up to you, just make sure that you understand what you're studying.:)

By the way I tried to read this article, "Should you listen to music while studying", and it's about this topic too. I think you should try to read it too if you're just like me, wondering.Hope it helps yah!!:)


Thanks for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment